Here at itsy Bitsy, we take our customers date very seriously and we want you to understand and feel secure about how we collect, store and handle your personal data. This page explains exactly what we use your information and date for and also gives you the opportunity to learn how to opt out of our database. It is worth reiterating that we never and would never share your data.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your online experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to our surveys, fill out a form, use our live chart or enter any information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up to our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website or use certain site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to provide a better service in responding to your customer service requests.
- To adminster a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone enquiries)
How do we protect your information?
Our website is checked on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits or accesses their information on our site.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes! Cookies are small files that site a site or it's service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
We don not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Googles advertising requirements can be summed up by Googles advertising principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users : https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have implemented the following:
- Re-marketing with Google Adsense
- Demographics and interest reporting
Opting out: Users can set preference for how google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our site handle 'Do Not Track' signals?
We do not honour Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track plant cookies or use advertising when a Do Not track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. We do not honour them because we use online marketing services.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
It's important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years, the COPPA - Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, puts the parents in control. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Emails and Marketing Newsletter
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to enquires, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
We agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of the business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing service for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow used to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us. Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
Email us on email@example.com or call 01298 938118 and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.